Why are you ill?
Probably because of the
Five rules for a successful pharmaceutical drug
- Do NOT cure the ailment! A cured patient is a lost profit stream.
- Rapidly relieve the symptoms of an ailment immediately after taking a pill. Relief continues for a limited time until the next dose is due.
- Lock in the customer. Keep the patient as a customer for the remainder of his or her life. The best drugs are difficult to discontinue.
- Have monopoly pricing. This is achieved with a secure patent, being available only under pharma company and doctor control, and not having competition from other companies, traditional remedies or pesky natural products.
- Have side-effects that lead to the sales of your other products. Best if there are a wide variety of side-effects that only occur after a long period, otherwise it is tricky to deny liability.
The above strategies are so profitable that in 2013 the pharmaceutical industry sold over USD$1 trillion worldwide. (1) With this kind of money the big players can afford to bribe politicians and own the decision makers in every country where there is a so-called free market.
Big pharma has now reached the point where they have the money and connections for absolute control over every aspect of medical regulation. They can afford to buy the laws they want that favour their own pharmaceutical products with outrageous bias, and ban or outlaw non-pharmaceutical products that actually work. Big pharma also own the government medical and health regulatory bodies, and control virtually all the money for research, most universities in the Western world, the educational curricula for all medical degrees, and the traditional media (TV and big newspapers).
Such is their power (and the skill of their publicity agents) that most people are unaware of how much death, pain and suffering pharmaceuticals cause throughout the world. Virtually all bad publicity concerning drugs is hushed up. Officially, the fourth most common cause of death in the USA is adverse drug reactions caused by pharmaceutical medicines. If over 250,000 Americans are killed each year by pharmaceutical medications, consider how many more are alive but suffering from their side-effects? I also suspect 250,000 is way too low as it only represents cases admitted to by doctors, insurance companies and medical associations.
Practically every pharmaceutical medicine has horrible side-effects. A single course of antibiotics can destroy a large part of the body's biome, causing a variety of ailments for the remainder of your life. (Only one remedy, natural and un-patentable, can reverse this damage.) Another example: Proton-pump inhibitors are a group of drugs which reduce gastric acid production. They follow the rules for a profitable drug - they don't cure acid reflux or GERD because they do the exact opposite to what is required; they provide short-term relief; they keep you dependent for the rest of your life; and they cause a variety of seemingly unrelated side-effects. There are other examples ad infinitum.
In the media you seldom hear how a simple or traditional home remedy is more effective than any pharmaceutical drug. Instead, these cheap home remedies are deliberately discredited and frequently outlawed. Several wonderful home remedies that are about as toxic as table salt, by law have to carry a label saying "POISON".
If a healthy remedy or food does the slightest harm to an individual, it may be banned, even after a single case. In contrast, pharmaceutical medicines cause pain, suffering, maiming and death to millions of people and somehow none of it comes to our attention. For example, in October 2010 the importation of brown seaweed with an iodine content of more than 1gm per kilo was outlawed in Australia. This ban effectively outlaws kelp, the best natural and food source of iodine. Most people are chronically deficient and consuming kelp would improve the health of millions of people.
In Grow Youthful I detail many other remedies that are miraculously successful, but which few people know about.
A study (2) showed that lack of knowledge is the main reason why people don't use effective natural therapies. It confirmed that educated people willing to do their own research into alternatives to pharmaceutical and mainstream medicine are achieving better health outcomes.
Home Remedies that Really Work
- Health at any age using low-cost natural cures.
- Natural home remedies are cheap, easily available and cannot be patented.
- These traditional natural remedies and cures are highly effective, have been used for centuries and have no side-effects. They are quite safe when used properly. They will save you time, money, and the awful side-effects of over-the-counter medicines and prescription pharmaceutical drugs.
Pharmaceutical companies do not (legally) have to sell you the best cure for anything.
Instead, they sell you the most profitable,
even if it's only slightly effective
and has terrible side-effects.
Doctors work with, and are educated by pharmaceutical companies
Healthy, fully functional longevity for everyone
- Ailments & Remedies. Traditional, natural, effective home remedies that REALLY work! See participants comments and votes on which natural cures work best.
- Take my biological age test. Your biological age is is the age that most normal people would be when they have a body and mind similar to yours. Another test estimates how fast you are aging, given your current habits.
- Take the ayurvedic body type test. You'll get an uncannily accurate assessment of your problem areas, and a detailed list of recommendations of the foods, climate, work-style, relationships, exercise level, lifestyle and much more, that will suit you.
- Grow Youthful: How to Slow Your Aging and Enjoy Extraordinary Health will show you everything you can do today, at this stage in the evolution of anti-aging research, to slow or even reverse your aging. Learn how you can improve all your facilities - both physical and mental - and grow more youthful as you age.
- Grow Youthful Recipe Book uses all the important principles for great health and longevity. Simple recipes to keep you slim and youthful.
- Subscribe to free newsletter. Keep up to date with the latest research in aging, food and healthy remedies for life extension.
How to slow your aging
Research shows that it is possible to live well beyond 100 years. Importantly, your later years need not be feeble years of senility. I'll show you how to lower your biological age by 5, 10 or even 20 years
(random selection each time you view)
"I just loved your book, as I have been getting myself on the track for the last ten years, after much reading and self observation,
but I found a few new things in your book. I have a passion for health, and I found your book one of the best, it covers just
Janet Hayward, Mooloolah, Sunshine Coast, Australia
"Dear David, I am an Australian-trained doctor currently living in China where I've been based for three years.
Since moving here I've definitely felt the aging process creep up on me, Shanghai is the most stressful place health-wise I've ever
lived! The air is heavily-polluted most days, all water is bottled/filtered, it's very hard to feel confident about how one's food
is produced (even that labeled 'organic' is not reliable) and we have a food scandal nearly every week related to
growing/production/distribution of food (chicken, pork and fish are all off the menu for me due to the very questionable use in
China of massive amounts of steroids/hormones - and you may have heard of the milk scandal where several children died).
So living healthily is a challenge and after my very healthy life in Australia I was really feeling it. After a bit of
net-searching however I found your site, and as I was brought up to be open-minded about health I ordered your book.
Well, what a great book, full of great, practical, sensible advice,
possibly the best thing I've read in years - or ever - on something that occupies all our thoughts as we get older. I've only quickly
skimmed the book but love what I see, especially on the mind/body connect (why don't we doctors appreciate this more??) and
can't wait to read it more thoroughly. So thank you David, your research abilities, intellectual rigor and passion really show
and I'm just so pleased we can all benefit from that! Warm regards,"
Dr - - (Australian-trained doctor living in Shanghai, China
"I practice many of the recommendations in your great book... I think it shows, yes?"
Ariel Kalma, Music director, Music Mosaic, Byron Bay, Australia
"What a lovely website!
Hello David, Your website is so positive, encouraging and creative - thank you for establishing it. The questions in your quizzes are intriguing and thoughtful. You probe gently but it's clear you have given the topics a great deal of thought. I look forward to receiving your e-newsletter in due course. Best wishes in the meantime,"
Jane Skinner, Bishop's Stortford, Herts, England
Today's Quote (updated daily)
...modern Western diets tend to have an excessively high level of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which interfere with the production of prostaglandins, a hormone involved in your immune responses. Disruption of prostaglandins cause inflammation, an unfortunate part of many degenerative diseases. If you suffer from autoimmune disorders, allergies, high toxic loads or chronic infections, you are also likely to suffer from an inflammatory spiral of pain, redness, irritation and swelling. Arthritis, rheumatism, gout, myalgia, skin inflammations and stomach ulcers are typical inflammatory diseases. In this case, you should reduce your polyunsaturated fatty acid intake
I want to make the world a happier place by exposing what is happening to our health.
1. The Pharmaceutical Industry in Figures, Key Data 2013.
European Federation of Pharmaceutica Industries and Associations. Retrieved online 12 September 2014.
2. Adam Burke, Richard L. Nahin, Barbara J. Stussman. Limited Health Knowledge as a Reason for Non-Use of Four Common Complementary Health Practices. PLOS One, Published: 17 June 2015, 2015DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0129336.