Rules for a successful pharmaceutical drug:
(my black sense of humour)
- Rapidly relieve the symptoms of an ailment immediately after taking a pill. Relief continues for a limited time until the next dose is due.
- Do NOT cure the ailment! A cured patient is a lost profit stream.
- Lock in the customer. Keep the patient as a customer for the remainder of his or her life. The best drugs are extremely difficult to discontinue.
- Have monopoly pricing. This is achieved with a secure patent, being available only under pharma company and doctor control, and not having competition from other companies, traditional remedies or pesky natural products.
- Have side-effects that lead to the sales of your other products. Best if there are a wide variety of side-effects that only occur after a long period, otherwise it is tricky to deny liability.
The above strategies are so profitable that in 2013 the pharmaceutical industry sold over USD$1 trillion worldwide. (1) With this kind of money the big players can afford to bribe politicians and own the decision makers in every country where there is a so-called free market.
Big pharma has now reached the point where they have the money and connections for absolute control over every aspect of medical regulation. They can afford to buy the laws they want that favour their own pharmaceutical products with outrageous bias, and ban or outlaw non-pharmaceutical products that actually work. Big pharma also own the government medical and health regulatory bodies, and control virtually all the money for research, most universities in the Western world, the educational curricula for all medical degrees, and the traditional media (TV and big newspapers).
Such is their power (and the skill of their publicity agents) that most people are unaware of how much death, pain and suffering pharmaceuticals cause throughout the world. Virtually all bad publicity concerning drugs is hushed up. Officially, the fourth most common cause of death in the USA is adverse drug reactions caused by pharmaceutical medicines. If over 250,000 Americans are killed each year by pharmaceutical medications, how many more are alive but suffering from their side-effects? I also suspect 250,000 is way too low as it only represents cases admitted to by doctors, insurance companies and medical associations.
In the media you never hear how a simple or traditional home remedy is more effective than any pharmaceutical drug. Instead, these cheap home remedies are deliberately discredited and frequently outlawed. By law many wonderful home remedies that are about as toxic as table salt have to carry a label saying "POISON".
If a healthy remedy or food does the slightest harm to an individual, it may be banned, even after a single case. In contrast, pharmaceutical medicines cause pain, suffering, maiming and death to millions of people and somehow none of it comes to our attention. For example, in October 2010 the importation of brown seaweed with an iodine content of more than 1gm per kilo was outlawed in Australia. The reason? A mother and her infant became ill after stupidly eating vast quantities of kelp - three full serves daily for a long period. This ban effectively outlaws kelp, the best natural and food source of iodine. Virtually everyone is chronically deficient, and consuming kelp would improve the health of millions of people.
In Grow Youthful I detail many other remedies that are miraculously successful, but which few people know about
Home Remedies that Really Work
- Health at any age using low-cost natural cures.
- Natural home remedies are cheap, easily available and cannot be patented.
- These traditional natural remedies and cures are highly effective, have been used for centuries and have no side-effects. They are quite safe when used properly. They will save you time, money, and the awful side-effects of over-the-counter medicines and prescription pharmaceutical drugs.
Pharmaceutical companies do not (legally) have to sell you the best cure for anything.
Instead, they sell you the most profitable,
even if it's only slightly effective
and has terrible side-effects.
Doctors work with, and are educated by pharmaceutical companies
Healthy, fully functional longevity for everyone
- Take my biological age test. Your biological age is is the age that most normal people would be when they have a body and mind similar to yours. Another test estimates how fast you are aging, given your current habits.
- Take the ayurvedic body type test. You'll get an uncannily accurate assessment of your problem areas, and a detailed list of recommendations of the foods, climate, work-style, relationships, exercise level, lifestyle and much more, that will suit you.
- Ailments & Remedies. Traditional, natural, effective home remedies that REALLY work! See participants comments and votes on which natural cures work best.
- Grow Youthful, How to Slow Your Aging and Enjoy Extraordinary Health will show you everything you can do today, at this stage in the evolution of anti-aging research, to slow or even reverse your aging. Learn how you can improve all your facilities - both physical and mental - and grow more youthful as you age.
- Grow Youthful Recipe Book uses all the important principles for great health and longevity. Simple recipes to keep you slim and youthful.
- Subscribe to free newsletter. Keep up to date with the latest research in aging, food and healthy remedies for life extension.
How to slow your aging
Research shows that it is possible to live well beyond 100 years. Importantly, your later years need not be feeble years of senility. I'll show you how to lower your biological age by 5, 10 or even 20 years
(random selection each time you view)
"Thank you for your wonderful work. You are among the dedicated"
Jeanette Doyle, Cody, Wyoming, USA
"I have found the information useful and easy to understand ... each time I read it I find something new and I know it will become an
invaluable reference for me."
Steve Taylor, Essex, United Kingdom.
"I love your book! IT is absolutely on target. I wish every American and, for that matter, every person in the world
would read it"
Monika Haugstetter, West Hartford, CT, USA
"Dear David, I am an Australian-trained doctor currently living in China where I've been based for three years.
Since moving here I've definitely felt the aging process creep up on me, Shanghai is the most stressful place health-wise I've ever
lived! The air is heavily-polluted most days, all water is bottled/filtered, it's very hard to feel confident about how one's food
is produced (even that labeled 'organic' is not reliable) and we have a food scandal nearly every week related to
growing/production/distribution of food (chicken, pork and fish are all off the menu for me due to the very questionable use in
China of massive amounts of steroids/hormones - and you may have heard of the milk scandal where several children died).
So living healthily is a challenge and after my very healthy life in Australia I was really feeling it. After a bit of
net-searching however I found your site, and as I was brought up to be open-minded about health I ordered your book.
Well, what a great book, full of great, practical, sensible advice,
possibly the best thing I've read in years - or ever - on something that occupies all our thoughts as we get older. I've only quickly
skimmed the book but love what I see, especially on the mind/body connect (why don't we doctors appreciate this more??) and
can't wait to read it more thoroughly. So thank you David, your research abilities, intellectual rigor and passion really show
and I'm just so pleased we can all benefit from that! Warm regards,"
Dr - - (Australian-trained doctor living in Shanghai, China
Today's Quote (updated daily)
Chewing your food slowly particularly applies to carbohydrates such as bread, rice, potatoes, grains, pasta, cakes and other starches. Your saliva contains the alkaline enzyme ptyalin, which starts digesting starchy carbohydrates while they are still in your mouth. If you eat these foods without chewing them until they are virtually a liquid, you may suffer from poor digestion and flatulence.
David Niven Miller
1. The Pharmaceutical Industry in Figures, Key Data 2013.
European Federation of Pharmaceutica Industries and Associations. Retrieved online 12 September 2014.
Our visitors offer information and opinions from their personal experience. What you read here is not a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your doctor or your other health care providers concerning your symptoms and medical rquirements before following any of the remedies or other suggestions on this site